Friday, May 29, 2009

My little Lily Rose





It's hard to believe that 1year ago this week, we were welcoming Lily Rose to our home, listening to Emma sing to her, trying to figure what we were going to do with two! Lily was born on May 25, 2008 at 5:29am (no, I did not rise early this past Monday ;-))That sweet little girl won our hearts from day one! We celebrated her 1st Birthday on Monday by having "Lily's Luau". Even Auntie Robyn was on hand to celebrate her big day - we sure missed all our Aunts and Uncles who weren't there and we especially missed, PopPop, Nana and Papa.


It's funny, when I was carrying Lily, I was unsure how I could love her as much I as loved Emma.... At this stage in the game, I'm not sure who loves Lily more, me or Emma! :-) What's for certain is I love her tremendously and see the amazing gift from God that she is to our family!









What I think is most exciting and the most thrilling gift Lily could give us as a family is giving her Daddy the joy of knowing the whole life of a little baby, one day at a time. As duty called, Daddy missed 9 1/2 precious months with Emma, coming home to a little girl who had to get to know him all over again. The sweetness of watching our Daddy with Lily is a joy that my heart can barely contain! She is so sweet and loving, even at 1 year old; wow! God really new we needed Lily Rose - what a perfect creation she is!

So here we are, her first year complete! As a mother, I couldn't feel more blessed, more satisfied, more deeply joyful than I do at this very moment: late at night, a quiet house, the people I love most sleeping peacefully and safely all under one roof. Lily makes this family even more perfect than it was before. She has a sweet smile, a funny little sense of humor and a little "stride" all her own! (for those of you who have seen her crawl, you know what I mean) I can't wait to see her grow and watch all her gifts and talents take shape in our lives! I pray she loves the Lord and embraces a life lived for Him. Happy Birthday to our "Little Rosebud"!!


Psalm 139:14 You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.


















































3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lily!!!!
    Sorry, we missed it! We are just getting settled in our new house in New York.

    Love,
    Ryan, Kate, Mary, and Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to lily--a little late. what a great theme for her first big day! muah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We felt so blessed to be at Lily's Luau to help celebrate this sweet little one year old. She is such a sweetie-Love Nana Milne

    ReplyDelete