I have to admit, normally, Mother's Day is tough for me. I miss my mom everyday, and after 12 years, I don't miss her any less. And yet, in Sept. of 2005, Mother's Day began to take on a whole new meaning and 3 Mother's Days later we fast forward to yesterday when I had one of the BEST days I could have ever had! It started out very early. I had to be up early to get to church by 8am. It was a gorgeous morning and I got to enjoy it with hugs and kisses and little girl PJ's while John got up and made me a FABULOUS cup of coffee (really, coffee is my only reason for getting up in the morning). As I headed off to church I was listening to a song where the lyrics said, "You have turned my mourning into dancing - You have turned my sorrow into joy!" ....I paused to look up into the bright blue sky and thank my God for doing just that in my life !!! Heading off to church, I prepared for the GBC Kids to sing the 3 songs I had spent 5 weeks teaching them - they were amazing!!! What a priviledge to spend time with such great kiddos and have fun doing it! The real highlight of the singing was my little Emma Grace! The 2-4 year olds sang, "God is so Good" ....and my little Emma sang it at the top of her lungs!!! I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day gift in the whole world.
When we got home, John had prepared a delicious lunch - Jerk Chicken (my favorite), grilled corn and potatoes!! YUMMM Beautiful cards were decorated and colored and I am looking forward to a day at the spa - courtesy of the best husband in the world. My Man allowed me to flop around all day,while he watched over the girls, kept them entertained, dealt with tantrums and made sure they were fed and watered and diapers were changed! He really allowed me a day off - I was so grateful!!! So, I had a GREAT Mother's Day - so, to all my ladies out there - I wish you my kind of happiness!!
No comments:
Post a Comment