I surrender.....
White flag is up - I'm tired. :-)
BUT!!! Still so filled with joy at the little marvel that is Jana! The house is buzzing with changes and challenges and it's fun and interesting to watch it all take place. Jana is growing and changing and we still have no idea who she looks like! All we know, is that she is a combination of her sisters and is the living proof that Emma and Lily are, in fact, related. John loves to call Jana the "missing link" - I'm sure Jana will love that some day!
In this blog you will notice that there are no pictures of John or I. You will also notice that my children are picking out their own clothes (or choosing to wear none at all) and that no one has combed hair. Please excuse this and John and I promise to shower and take a picture sometime in the maybe-not-so-near future. John is in the middle of a two day test and briefing and I'm sure that the lack of sleep is presenting a little extra stress he wasn't banking on. As for the uncombed hair...well....
This blog is meant to provide "documentation" that there are great things happening in the house despite all the "yawns" and the "yells" and, at the advice of my great friend Lacey, to stop and look at all the little ways God is blessing our lives even in the midst of it all.
Here's Jana Banana! Her new little nickname is not as cute as she is!!! She loves to sit in her seat in the morning and watch her sisters play and get ready for school.
Here is Lily....still getting used to our new little bundle....at least she is finally letting Jana sit by her. Jana is looking up as if to say, "Please love me Lily!" LOL - I'm sure they'll be great buddies one day.
Emma's skills as the big sister are growing everyday. Her newest skill is seen below.....burping Jana when she's fussing LOL!!! Jana's face in this picture is very telling I think.
And, at long last, the lemons on our lemon tree are yellow!!! We had fun one afternoon picking as many as we could reach and we've made LOTS of homemade lemonade....
......homemade lemonade.....I love things that are homemade -
and I LOVE our homemade family!
(okay,blog is complete....now I have to go vaccum the 5 days worth of crums off my floor......)
I think you are doing a FABULOUS job! JAna looks like she is making her way into the family nicely! Biggest sister seems to be stepping right into her role as a helper for you. Way to go Emma! Lily....well, she's alaways had those shifty eys! Just kidding. I am sure deep in her heart she loves Jana and one days soon she'll express taht it an amazing,"melt your heart" sort of a way!
ReplyDeleteHair combing is over-rated.
Thanks for shring God's blessings with us!
ADORABLE!
ReplyDeleteYou know, my oldest looks like dad, middle looks like me and our youngest is a wonderful mixture of our entire family. He is what connects us all and I love it! Perhaps that is how it shall be for your sweet Jana.
Beautiful family!
I see Lily in little Jana's face-the pictures of the girls are adorable. Jana looks like she is a very contented baby and loving being in a family that adores her. Thanks for always taking the time to see life through God's eyes and His grace and understanding what a precious gift you have been given here on earth as you are "MOM" (the sweetest word in the whole world) to your three little saints to be. Love you guys-Nana Milne PS I loved your idea of Lacey packing us all up and taking us to Australia to invest in your economy-I'm ALL in. :)
ReplyDeleteerin was our "missing link!" perhaps it is the job of the third girl?! ask ally, i've always thought combing ones hair was a waste of time. i would much rather roll and go, so-to-speak :) glad you are all well despite the sleep deprivation. love to your beautiful family.
ReplyDelete