Thursday, June 24, 2010

A quick moment, a HUGE act of love

No pic with this very quick blog.....couldn't resist getting it posted though as it's a precious little moment I never want to forget.

Those of you keeping up know that Lily hasn't exactly been very excited to have a new baby in the house. She's been moody and not that interested in Jana. I'm sure, as most 2 year olds do, she's feeling the attention slip from her to the baby and she's not happy about it.

We had a small break through yesterday.....

It made my whole day!

Heading home from the grocery store. Lily had been VERY well behaved....a rare occurance these days and she was praised for it and rewarded with a chocolate egg! Jana had had enough of shopping and was ready to be fed, so she was screaming as I quickly loaded up the car and got the girls in their seats. As the car was starting, I hear a little "shhhh shhhh shhhh" coming from the back seat. I turn around to see Lily, trying hard to give Jana her binky and comfort her. Then.....something amazing happened. Lily took her FAVORITE blanket (gross, dirty, take it everywhere "Linus" blanket) and said, "Jana, here I sharw my banket wif ooo".

Hooray - Lily loves Jana!!! I knew it would happen, but watching Lily's acceptance turn into an act of love for her baby sister was a precious moment and I am so thankful I got to witness it.

1 comment:

  1. I am in tears... thank you for sharing that special break through! Go Lily!

    ReplyDelete