The countdown has reached 300 on our daily count down for John to come home. A big chunk of time has passed since July 26 and we are excited to be 2 months closer to our Daddy coming home!!!
300 is still a really big number, but, tomorrow it will say 299 and that change from 2 to 3 will make a huge difference in the way I look at it. Somedays I wonder if I should change the number from days to weeks. 45 looks a lot better on the board than 300 :-)
So what have we done to fill our 65 days?
Started 1st grade and preschool and a full day of day care.
Monthly FRG Meetings, fundraisers, VTC's, phone calls and events for the Army.
Ballet and Tap twice a week.
Gymnastics once a week (just for Lily)
Kinderjam once a week (just for Jana)
Soccer practice and games
Pool and Lawn care (2 thumbs DOWN)
Laundry, laundry, laundry (although, there is less of it without a working man around the house)
A successful Self Care event for our FRG
Learning to color in the lines.
Learning to read books without pictures on everypage.
Climbing stairs and falling down them.
1 trip to the ER
1 bee sting to the face
3 lost teeth
Calorie Counting
Cleaning the fish tank
Walking the dog (well, at least asking my teenage neighbor to do that)
Creating an awesome friendship with my neighbor
Ice Cream Cake (yes, ice cream cake gets its own line and no, calorie counting is very difficult while eating it )
Swimming under the water
Care packages, pictures, lots of stuff mailed to Iraq
Looking at this list I feel tired - I am tired, but I am also very proud of what we have accomplished as a family for the last 65 days. (I am going to ask John to write an email which I can post on the blog to all of you - he can't access blogger from the internet there) I wish it was July 2012, but I know that when that day comes, we will see how quickly time has passed.
Looking forward to my 200 blog!! What will the next 100 days bring?
keep pushing, sister! i cannot help but tear up a bit every time i come visit you here. if i haven't said so recently, a hearty thank you to you, john, emma, lily and jana for all you do and all you sacrifice for us way up here in long island! much, much love! xoxo.
ReplyDelete