Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Picture This....

If you've known me for any length of time, you know how much pictures mean to me. Today, I took my external hard drive (containing pictures and videos spanning the last 7 years) to the Doctor after a hard fall onto the wood floor.... :-( Am I allowed to pray for a hard drive???

Consequently.........no pictures this week.

Picture This:

60 mile and hour wind gusts, sub zero wind chills and a busy field exercise. John and his unit has been training out in the field this week. Despite the severe weather conditions, the troopers stayed in the field and trained hard and very cold!! He learned a lot about being a soldier in cold weather (something he hasn't had to do in a long time) and I know that this hard training will make him a better leader, a better soldier and that gives me a sense of peace. Praying our Daddy stays warm out there! We sure miss him and would love to keep him warm with our love and hugs.

Picture This:

Two little girls BEGGING to play in the 3 inches of snow that fell here in El Paso last week. Except....it was 10 degrees outside!!! Well, I bundled and layered as much as was possible and out they went! Emma had no boots that fit, so we put on two socks, covered her socks with plastic bags and let her wear her "uggies". It lasted about 8 minutes....just long enough for me to grab a towel for the floor and make hot chocolate and for them to make snow angels and have a snowball fight. I love hat hair, runny noses and bright red cheeks!!

Picture This:

"Hi!! Hi Dada!! Hi!!" as a little waving 8 month old smiles up at us, this is what we hear! Yes, my little Jana has perfected her first word! Her smile lights up our lives and every room that she is in. It is joined now, by her first two teeth on the bottom and on on the top. She won't roll, she won't crawl, she is happy to sit and play.

Picture This:

Don't call the MP's....all that screaming from Lily was simply because I had to sit on her so that I could dig the playdough out of her nose with an orange peeler.....oh Lily!!

Picture This:

I went to Home Depot (Lily and Jana in stride), found, purchased and brought home storage shelves, put them together myself (found the tools and used them all appropriately) and have begun organizing the basement and what will be the kids' playroom. After some mental encouragment from my Army Bestie, the "I'll never get unpacked" pity party is over !!

Picture This:

A Big Hug from Us to You!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment