If the past few weeks of our life was made into a movie, I wonder what the important parts would be? I wonder what the director would capture? Would he focus on the nasty look on my face after I scold the kids or would he see the precious look on Emma's face while she's asking for forgiveness? Will he want to see the screaming little Jana as she tries to tell her mommy she has a tummy ache or will he find humor in the 5 poopy diapers she has to change the next day? I'm sure the breakfast sandwich that John made for me yesterday (without being asked...just decided to love me that way) would make the cut. I hope my quick shrimp scampi surprise for John was scene worthy. Would he zoom in on the mess Lily made while finger painting or listen carefully as she sang "I was born to worship" while she painted?
Whatever a movie director might see as interesting or fun, I'm so glad that God is the director of our life. He knows the beginning of our story and he knows the end. I'm humbled by the fact that he shows up in every detail of our lives - even when we're not looking. I LOVE that in God's eyes, it's things are un"scene" that he delights in....My prayer for my family is that the words of our mouths and the meditations of our hearts are pleasing to Him.
My house is a disaster - unpacking and reorganizing will be a challenge without the help of my very capable and organized husband to really help out. John is boots on the ground and rolling in his new job and it is BUSY to say the least. He had surgery 2 weeks ago and, by God's grace (but against his wife's best judgement), returned to work a week later. He's feeling great and encouraged and ready to be back in proud world of the U.S. Cavalry. In case you all are curious, John is in the 1st Armored Division, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Squadron 13th Cavalry Regiment. He is the Squadron S3 or Operations officer, looking after and organizing the important operations of the 2/13 Cav! I am trying to support him, meet the ladies of the unit, and get my feet wet again in our great family of Army Spouse Volunteers. The unpacking will happen....maybe we'll finish by Christmas :-) We found a great church after some church hunting and we're anxious to get serving and meeting the Christian friends that God has for us there! Cielo Vista Church, here comes the Moris's!!
Emma Grace started her first day of Kindergarten on January 7 at Immanuel Christian School. She has to work hard, be quiet and make new friends. I can't lie - she's struggling and not as happy to be there as I thought. I worried that we had made the wrong decision about sending her so soon. This week she is starting to turn a corner - Praise God! She talked a lot about a few kids she played with and she was excited to tell me that she understood her work and was learning a lot of new things!! Letting your babies walk out your door and into someone else's hands for 7 hours of day mean REALLY trusting in God to watch out for them. We're praying hard that Emma finds her nitch and trust God to wrap his arms around her and help her find her love of school again. Good news is she really LOVES her teacher!!

Oh my sweet Lily Rose....smack dab in the middle of "terrible twos"..... :-) I will focus on the positive though, she is very funny, very kind to her sisters and loves to be creative. Lily and Mommy are doing "Lily School" at home, working on her letters and numbers as well as making lots of fun art projects. Finger painting is Lily's favorite! She loves Snow White and her new favorite moving is Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. She is joy to her Daddy, greeting him each evening with smiles, love and excitement! We all need to take a lesson in joy and fun from Lily.
Last but not least, Jana Leigh. 8 months is a delicious age! She's babbling, splashing in the tub, blowing raspberries, waving "hi" (and saying "hi"), clapping, trying new foods, belly laughing at her sisters funny faces and snuggling up to her Daddy and making Mommy carry her around everywhere. She won't roll or crawl (which is really okay with me at this point). She sleeps with her pink dolly everynight and has the BEST smile ever!! She pulls her socks off all the time and rubs her ears while she's nursing or having her bottle. We love watching her grow and can't believe how time is flying and changing our "baby" into a little person.
Sounds like an Oscar winning Best Film award if I ever heard of one. With God as the director and the willing and open hearts of the Moris family as the actors you can't help but win the Oscar. Am looking forward to the scene about plugging into your new church home-thanks for the preview-can't wait to hear about the final clip. I love reading your blog and feel honored that you continue to allow us to continue on this life journey with you. Love-Nana Milne
ReplyDelete