Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad thought

Just a thought....

Last year this time I remember sitting at my homegroup (small group for church), while my dear friend read us, "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad day". If you've never read it, hit the library, it's really cute! In the story, poor Alexander is having a"terrible, horrible, no good, ver bad day" and says, "I think I'll move to Australia".... :-)

I remember choking back the tears as Lacey read the story thinking - "I don't want to go to Australia!" It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad thought.

A few afternoons ago, I was reading that book to Emma and I got choked up again - only this time it was at the thought of leaving Australia - yes, we are already getting organized and beginning to pack up for our next big adventure: Fort Bliss in El Paso, TX!! Wow, that year just flew by!!!

Australia has been a huge gift from God, the opportunity of a lifetime, icing on the cake of our lives!! Indeed my bad thought was just that, a no good, very bad thought. What a great time we've had here and those of you who follow our blog have seen the highlights. What you haven't seen is what has made it really great: Emma speaking "Australian" at home, our fantastic Aussie friends who call their diapers "nappies" and introduced us to morning tea, Tim Tams & Cadbury Chocolate, Kangaroos at our beck and call, cockatoos and magpies, brekkie......the little things about this place that I hope and pray we won't soon forget. We've not only experienced Australia, we've lived here. Hopefully, we've made our mark, hopefully we've served those around us well, hopefully we've made a difference in the lives of our friends and neighbors.

It hasn't all been perfect, but it's been perfect for us! After all, "everyone has bad days.... even in Australia"

3 comments:

  1. whew! Can't believe it's been a year. Still bummed that we missed out being able to see you, but El Paso is as exciting as Oz, right? ;) Will just have to come and visit you there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your year is done and as you look back now you can see the Lord's hand and wisdom in sending you to such an amazing place. Carry the memories close to your heart and make room in your heart for the next season of your life where the Lord will use you all in a mighty way in El Paso. Praising God for the Moris family and all He shows the rest of us through your lives. Lots of love-Nana Milne

    ReplyDelete