Sunday, May 23, 2010

An impossible prayer answered?


Strange title for a blog post huh....let me explain.

God's hand at work in our lives is ever present, and easy to see more and more everyday. We feel blessed and happy, even despite some days that are harder than we would like them to be. We are squarely in the season of life where teamwork is essential - a healthy marriage, the backbone of our family.

A few weeks ago, I blogged about my mom on mother's day; there is a hole in my heart that can only be filled by my mom and no amount of praying could ever change that, right?.... I've always missed sharing life's joys with my mom - the birth of my 3 precious babies is no exception. During the last 5 years, I've always wondered what it would be like to have my mom around to help me, cook for me, clean for me, give me reassurance when I felt unsure, tell me to rest, wipe the tired tears from my eyes and give me encouragement..... you know what I mean.

Often I blog about my thoughts and feelings, my kids, our trips, our family milestones, etc. There is someone, I'm ashamed to admit, to whom I don't give enough credit. I am writing this more for him than for anyone else to read.

John, this past few days you helped me, you cooked for us, you cleaned the house, you did laundry, took care of bedtimes and bathtimes, you gave me reassurance, you let me rest, you wiped my tired tears and were a huge encouragment to me. I love you. I depend on you and you really came through for me this week. God gave me the best husband in the world and I feel so blessed to have you!!

I always thought I was missing out not having "help", I always wished I could have my mom come for a week or two to help me out (I'll always wish that, I'm sure...). But this past week, God answered the impossible prayer and filled a hole I thought would never be filled - being honest with myself, what God did was just REALLY open my eyes to what has been in front of me for 8 years now- a great husband, who loves, protects and cares for me and our children! Thank you God for John.

4 comments:

  1. Being far from family really does knit you together even tighter as a family unit! Congratulations on Jana's birth! Many blessings to you! Praising Him, Julie Milne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I remember our conversations we had during our deployment about being grateful for strong faith-based men who took great care of us. You give him credit more than you think you do.

    ((((HUGS)))) to a lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God always provides, this is simply proof of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have decided that I am going to put a box of kleenex next to my computer because I am always in tears after reading these precious blogs. John, again you encourage me in my faith because I have seen you grow so very much in yours over the past couple of years. The four ladies in your house are extremely blessed to have the hands, feet, and heart of Christ living so visibly with them in their daily lives through all that you do. Much love to all-Nana Milne

    ReplyDelete