Thursday, May 20, 2010

And then there were 5!

The John Moris Family is very proud to introduce to you....
Jana Leigh Moris!!
Born May 17 at 4:01pm AEST
3.56 kg and 51 cm
(in "American" 7 lbs 13 oz and 20 inches)
We are all healthy, well and very happy. We went into the hospital Sunday night and waited all night for an induction that didn't really happen until noon the next day. For those of you who remember how Lily came into the world, we are no strangers to waiting for babies to come ;-). However, with some good old "vitamin P" up and running in my IV by 2pm, Jana came to us like a lightening bolt and was born at 4:01pm. (I've been wondering now what her swift entrance into the world may translate into her future personality ....) My doctor ran and didn't quite make it for her grand entrance, but our nurse midwives were caring, capable and fantastic! I will never forget the very stunned look on Jana's face when she was handed to me....even she looked surprised at what had just happened! (if she wasn't so messy I'd share that picture hehehe) The words "it's a girl!" were very exciting to hear this time around as Jana hid her identity from us until the moment she arrived. We are thrilled to be a "girly" family!
















John went to get Emma and Lily very shortly after so that they could come and meet their new sister. Emma was mesmerized, Lily ate my hospital dinner ;-) The girls each greeted Jana in their own special ways and in a brief moment, it was like Jana had always been in our lives! Which makes lots of sense, because we know that God made her to be a special part of our family! We were waiting for you, Jana Leigh, we're so glad that you have come to share you life with us!

I leave you with a few of my favorite pictures. Thank you God for life, the privilege of being a parent and for the sweet gift of children.
Daddy and his 3 sweet little girls






















The very proud "biggest" sister!!






















The very suspicious, but equally loving new big sister!!
























And our new little love, Jana Leigh. We love you and we couldn't wait for you to come. Here are the words to a song that Emma and Lily learned to sing for you. I want to write them down so you never forget how we feel about you!
Welcome to the family!
We're glad that you have come to share your life with us,
As we grow in love and
May we always be to you
What God would have us be, A Family!
Always there,
to be strong and to lean on!











7 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! It brings back memories for me of last year! I have 3 girls too and they are all so different from eachother. TReasure them! I know you will. It looks like baby Jana Leigh is in great hands. Her sisters will be a huge influence on her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! What a beautiful family and what a blessing. Congrats Moris Family! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your post Heather and the pics and video. I also love the song and know it - sang it to Daniel - need all the words. If you have them could you please post them some time? Many blessings to you all! You are a blessed and beautiful family. Juli Haupt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the whole Moris family! Lots of love to all. You sure know how to make beautiful babies :D
    Leann and Joe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thrilled when I opened your blog and found pictures of little Jana Leigh-she is adorable-I love that head full of dark hair. In the video she looks so alert and contented-what a blessing. I know that the Moris family is filling blessed beyond words right now and we love sharing in those blessings with you. Give Jana a big kiss and hug from her Nana Milne. We will be praying for a smooth transition as you settle Jana into the daily routine around the Moris household. Lots of love for everyone-Nana Milne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the world Jana! Sorry we can't be there to hold you, but it looks like Emma is all over that for us! Hugs from all the Yoyos. You are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post will make an awesome introduction to her baby book, I love it! You & yours are so very blessed and we wish you all the best. You're in our thoughts daily. - Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete