Monday, April 5, 2010

Hippity Hoppity


The Moris Family LOVES to learn new songs - especially when holidays come along! This past week if you would have passed our house, you would have heard something like this:

Here comes Peter Cottontail!
Hopping down the bunny trail.
Hippity Hoppity Easter's on it's way!

And that's all you would have heard because that's all I can remember of the song my mom taught me a very long time ago (I suppose I could have googled it?)

But there's a song she taught me that I never forgot. The first song I ever taught my girls and the other song you could hear in our home last week:

Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little one's to him belong
They are week but he is Strong!
Yes, Jesus Loves Me
The Bible tells me so!!!

The Easter Bunny Hunt we went to at the U.S. Embassy was lots of fun!!! But, something special happened there - it was the highlight of our Easter. Emma and Lily both had an age appropriate egg hunt. Lily found loads of eggs and had a ball. Emma's group had some kiddos who may have taken more than they needed and she was only able to find 2 eggs - and she was in tears. At first, I wanted to cry with her. It was hard to see that disappointed look on her face. I pulled myself together and praised her for not being greedy and reminded her that the eggs weren't important. And the tears just kept coming :-(
Just then, a little girl walked up to Emma - I don't know her name, or if we'll ever see her again. She said to Emma, "Here you go. Don't cry. I would like to share mine with you." Now, mind you, this sweet little girl only had a few eggs in her basket too - but she offered two to Emma in an act of love that is forever impressed in Emma's heart. At that moment, Emma smiled and felt loved and happy. The act of sharing and sacrifice from a small child was a heartwarming thing to witness ....a beautiful example to Emma....an Easter Gift that makes sense. I could cry just thinking about it.
I'm glad that, as a family, we spent the week talking about the real reason we celebrate Easter. Not for a bunny. Not for the eggs (although the ones we had were yummy). I'm thankful that Emma and Lily are already meeting their Savior daily - even in the loving act of a special little girl who was our "Jesus with skin" for the day. Words can't express the gratitude I have in my heart for a man who was nailed to a tree, to become sin for us. I want the power of the cross to spill over into my home, so my babies can march, "hippity hoppity" right into the Savior's arms! Here are a few pics from our devotions this week.

May the God of Peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant, brought back from the dead, our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the Sheep, equip you with everything good for doing His will. And may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory for ever and ever. Amen Hebrews 13:19-21




























1 comment:

  1. Dear Moris Family-I have just gotten back from my two week stay with little Lydia Martina and am getting caught up on the blogs. John I loved your post about your world wind tour of Australia-memories to last a life time. Sounds like the Moris family if taking advantage of every opportunity that the Lord is providing for you in Australia and that is fabulous. Emma will have stories to tell people for years to come. Thanks for doing such a great job of keeping us all up to date on your adventures through the blog-I LOVE "being there" with you through your postings. Love-Nana Milne

    ReplyDelete