Monday, November 2, 2009

Pictures, Memories and Pumpkin Cupcakes

I love pictures. I'm sure that most of my future blogs will contain LOADS of pictures. Pictures are so important to me. When John went to Iraq and Emma was a itty bitty baby, I was determined to take a picture of her everyday so that John would be able to watch her grow. It was then that my love of pictures began. I like to take pictures that aren't necessarily perfect, but that capture a moment that I want to save forever. Here are some pictures - our precious memories captured in print and as stories in my heart. Here is a brief synopsis.

In my pics this week are some of Emma, Abigail, Elizabeth, Lacey and I at a Pottery Painting place celebrating friendship and having a great time. This girls had so much fun and it will be a memory that will help them always remember what it means to have special friends in every season of life.

There are a few pictures of Clemyjontri Park in Langley, VA. We took some pictures here because we actually got to take Daddy to the park with us - a rare treat for our hard working Daddy and we stayed for hours and hours. Having fun as a family is one of life's simple and yet cherished treasures.

We arrived in NJ last Wednesday and we are all settled at PopPop Unrath's house. It's crowded, but cozy and fun. For Halloween, Emma was a Pot of Flowers and Lily was the Bumble Bee. They got to Trick or Treat with Uncle Russ and soon-to-be Aunt Jessica and had their fill of candy and fun all day. We spent time visiting family and showing off the girls, gathering hugs and hellos along the way. Sunday was just a great big blessing with an amazing morning at church, followed by pumpkin carving with PopPop and a family dinner and fellowship for the rest of the evening. There aren't many things that bring me greater joy than when my whole family is together. And to top it all off, my sister Robyn made Pumpkin Cupcakes that were OUT OF THIS WORLD. There is something very fun and warm about being "home". Of course, we all know, home is where your heart is and I'm glad the pieces of my heart were just everywhere this weekend. Enjoy the pics!!!

p.s. Please see the next post for the pictures as they wouldn't post with the blog :-)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sweet Heather-you have such an amazing way with words and with getting the emotions of your heart into words. I love reading your blogs and seeing how God is blessing you on a daily basis. Thank you to the Moris Family and what they have meant in our lives-we wish you nothing but God's perfect best for your whole family as you embark upon this very exciting adventure. Love you guys lots-Nana Milne

    ReplyDelete