Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Eggstravaganza!!!


We love Easter around here....bunnies, candy, eggs, what's not to love??? For a good change of pace, this year we decided to kick off Easter week by learning about the real point of Easter. Our good friend gave us a daily Easter devotional which we worked on every day at lunch. Here is the picture of our Jesus Easter Basket. It was a great hands on way to learn about the sacrifice and gift that Jesus gave us and the real reason to celebrate at Easter! God works in interesting ways in a preschooler's mind though. On Wednesday morning, we woke up and one of Emma's fish, Lucy, had died. She was SOOO upset, but John had a little talk about life and death with her and we were able to carry on with the day. As God would have it, that was the day we learned about the cross and that Jesus died on the cross to forgive our sins. To which Emma enthusiastically replied, "Just like my fish died!!!!!!" What does a mother say at that point....I just agreed with her that yes, your fish died and so did Jesus. I hope she doesn't think that her fish will rise on the third day....we may have a problem then!



This morning we went down to the Fort Belvoir Community Center for Breakfast with the Easter Bunny. Emma got to color, she made a few new friends and, of course, got to find some Easter Eggs!! It was pouring down rain, but we did it anyway and still had a great time. Emma did great and even realized that she could only take a few so that everyone got to have some - she's growing up so great!! Lily only really enjoyed the food....not so sure about the Easter Bunny as you can see. We came home and had to change into dry clothes right away and John and Emma spent some time opening all her eggs to retreave her candy. What a great way to spend a morning. Counting my blessings again this Easter - another holiday spent together as a family is a blessing I never take for granted.

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say that I LOVE your family and I LOVE seeing how God is working in each and every one of your lives. I am so blessed that He brought you to Virgina and GBC so that we could do life together this past year or so.

    ReplyDelete