The last weekend in January was fun for Emma and I. On the 25th, I participated in our Highlander Brigade Claymore Challenge! It was so much fun. I got to shoot machine guns and do a crazy physical challenge and step inside a rollover simulator. It ended with an MRE (Meal ready to Eat) and a certificate of Army Wife bragging rights!! I love being an Army Wife and having these unique opportunities that I will not take for granted! Spending time with these unique and amazing women who I would not trade for the world!!
The take away is this....I have NO IDEA how our incredible soldiers run and shoot and fight and live wearing the incredible amount of equipment they do. This was an experience that helped me better appreciate all the training and skill that John has.
Saturday was a big day for our Emma Grace. She was chosen to participate in her first District Spelling Bee!! She studied for weeks, learning words as advanced as a fourth grade level. She woke up extremely nervous but ready!
She competed side by side with two of her very best friends, Danielle and Vivianna.
She was number 7. She completed two rounds when nerves got the best of her. She misspelled the word Cheer. But she was corrected, took her seat graciously and turned to me and smiled. She didn't cry or get upset....she didn't panic, she didn't fret...she just smiled. She was proud of herself - I was proud of her too. But the best part.....
Danielle spelled her next word correctly....Emma gave her a big hug and a big high five....my heart was overwhelmed by my very sweet girl who just wanted to cheer on her friend, even when she lost. I didn't cry when she got Cheer wrong, but I did cry when her heart won the best competition in the world. For those of you who know and love Emma, this was a thrilling moment for me....it showed growth and a strength of character that I always knew she had. Emma Grace, you were amazing!! I'm so proud of all you have accomplished so far!! You should be so proud of yourself for all the studying you did - you are a winner to Daddy and I for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment