Monday, September 3, 2012

No Way She's 7!!!

Seven years ago my world changed forever....I became a Mom.

With the blinking of your big wide eyes, you won our hearts and captivated our lives. 

Over the past seven years I see you in snap shots in my mind and my heart.  I see you through a stream of tears as you were first placed into my arms.  I see you has a baby, taking a bottle from your Daddy then night he left for Iraq. I see you squealing and screaming jumping up and down in your excersaucer. I see you putting a puzzle together when you were just 1 year old.  I see you scooting around on your bottom when you decided you didn't need to crawl.  I see yellow ribbons in your pig tails the day your daddy came home from Iraq...you were only 15 months old. I see you sleeping in your first big girl bed, holding bingo, lucy and black puppy.  I see you carefully inspecting your new little baby sister Lily and singing to her in her bassinet.  I see you making shapes with playdoh.  I see your face covered in chocolate "puddnee". I see you dressed as in angel in the church pagent begging for the microphone while everyone giggled.  I see you saying, "No way baby" :-) I see you doing your very best in your first dance rectial and smiling proudly when it was all finished.  I see you asking me for more "tomato sauce" for your "pink sausages" in australia. I see you reading Lily a book quietly in the chair without being asked.  I see you praying at bedtime, sincerely talking to God about your thoughts.  I see you loving your friends - sharing a lunch with a friend who had none without being asked.  I see you working hard at piano even when you feel frustrated.  I see you loving your baby sister Jana and watching out for her.  I see you when you make a mean face at your sister...then I see when you notice that I saw that...oops! I see you crying, missing your Daddy.  I see you at your birthday party, telling your friends that having them for friends is the best present you could ever ask for.  I see you at Aunt Charlotte's house, riding on a horse, without a care in the world.  I see a little girl who loves Jesus with all her precious heart. Emma, I see you when you don't know I am looking.

I see you sweet girl.  I love what I see. You are so special, so smart, so imaginative, so loving.

Happy Birthday to the little girl who I see making a difference in my life, in our family and in the world around her.  She makes my world special each and every day!!

Emma Grace Moris!!



With her Daddy the day he left for Afghanistan

With Jubilee - her new love




On her 7th Birthday
 

No comments:

Post a Comment