Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Love Letters to my Girls

Dear Emma,
Spring is here! It's your favorite time of year! You love little birds, new flowers and buds on the trees. You love puppies and kitties and horses and hugs and kisses and giggles. You are so good at school, diligently doing your homework each day and honoring God with your Christian Character at school. You love to read, write stories, draw, act out plays and plan just about anything! You love to meet new people and call each new person you meet, "friend". You are super friendly and kind to all. You love to be "in charge" and, with your maturity, you are starting to realize that serving is more important than being the boss. Your smile lights up the room. Your big heart and sensitive soul challene us all to see life from a different perspective. You encourage your family to consider how to love deeply and in a real way. You love to do real things for real people....I still smile thinking about the Happy Birthday Jesus Party you planned for your friends. I love when you hug me. My heart skips when you so easily forgive my faults. You love your wii games and your DSI-XL but you also love to read! Really what you love is your own time - I hope that we give you enough of that in our busy home. Thank you for always sharing your heart and your time with us, even though those two things aren't always easy for you to do. Jesus is hard at work in your life - I couldn't be more pleased! I love you Emma Grace! Love, Mommy

Dear Lily,
Lily Rose-Piggy Toes! You are 3, almost 4 and it's hard for me to believe you are almost ready for real school! No, you aren't 5 yet, but you are smart!! Your smarts don't come from books yet, but I have no doubt your mind and heart have no limits to where they can take you! Your curly locks greet us all with smiles and silly jokes, super silly potty jokes and a laugh that is more contagious than anything we could imagine. You love to make up silly words. You love to dance. You love to listen to music. You love pretty things. Your favorite color is PINK! You color perfectly in the lines (much to Emma's dismay). Everyone who meets you loves you. You have a gift of knowing just what each person in your life needs. You know that Emma needs your flexibility. You know that Jana needs you to share. You know that Mommy needs you to obey (you never really put up a fight for too long (: ) You know that Daddy needs big hugs around the neck. You are very very funny. You love to hear Bible stories and remember unique details that remind us that even when we think you aren't listening, you are absorbing every word we say. Thank you for your enthusiasm. Thank you for loving us so unconditionally. Thank you for your honest and innocent way of seeing the world. Thank you for always keeping things interesting and fun! I love you Lily Rose! Love, Mommy
Dear Jana,
Oh sweet baby, how fast you are growing! I can remember like it was yesterday the day you came to be in our family. Suddenly, you are a sweet, sassy and talkative little toddler. No doubt you are ready and tough enough to keep up with two fast moving big sisters. Your spirit is spunky! You tackle every mountain in front of you and even when you fall (which you do frequently) you get back up and keep on going. I can already see that you have a determination that is second to none. You never sit on my lap for very long, but when you do, you snuggle in tight and say, "I love you Mommy". Your big sparkly eyes make my heart melt. I want to keep you my "baby" but you are certainly making that very very hard. You can count to 15, know your ABC's, love to sing and "color paper". Your favorite color is orange and you love to watch Dora and Rocky & Bullwinkle on Netflix. You love your sisters and will follow them anywhere. You love ice cream and diet coke - LOL! You order your own food at the drive thru - "chicken-fies". You have cute little toes and crazy hair. You can already successfully use cups and utensils. You know Jesus Loves Me - both the song and the truth of his love. You know how to pray before each meal. The best part about you is how much you LOVE your Daddy - he's the best part of your day and that makes Mommy happy, as your are his name sake. I love you Jana Leigh! Love, Mommy
Sisters! I love love love my little girls! I love how you are growing and I love how perfectly God is working out his will in your lives! I am blessed and honored, ready, willing and more than able to be your Mommy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment