Thursday, April 7, 2011
My B.R.A.T.s!!!
Bold Responsible Adaptable Tolerant
April is the Month of the Military Child. My Military Kids are finally living, "the real life" so to speak. We have been so fortunate to have had our Daddy all to ourselves since Emma was about 18 months old. Our girls have never known life in a Combat environment, they are new to field time, NTC rotations and they've never had to realize a deployment. That will change this year - and we started today. We sent John off to NTC today for 30 days. We spent a great morning together - donuts for brekkie, planting flowers in the front yard and helping him pack up the last few things he needed.
NTC will be the first of many mountains we will face together in the next few years. I'm confident that my BRAT's have what it takes to get through it. They are just super great little girls and we are so proud that they get to join us in this very special life that we lead. I know that God will use their individual gifts and talents to make the Army a better place too and John and I can't wait to watch that happen. Celebrate our Military B.R.A.T.'s today and all month long!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
H,
ReplyDeleteI just want you know that I love the picture of John and your BRATS. Also for the record it made me cry! I'm so proud of you guys. I know it's not easy but we are thankful for you guys! I really do I wish I lived closer so I could help you when John is gone. Being mommmy and daddy is not a easy job. I have lots of faith in you that you will do great but I know it will be hard not having your right hand man around. Please call me anytime! Keep blogging....it's really cheap therepy! :) I love you!